Monday 3 June 2013

Mid East BRCA Regional Round 2 RHR



I have been looking forward to visiting RHR for a long time, I have heard very good things about the venue but a little disappointed I haven't visited sooner and the fact that my right hand man and left hand woman are missing in action today.

Photo of track

 

What a glorious way to the start I the day, sunshine, something which you don't associate with UK in the summertime. 

Practice
With my car being all set for practice with little changes needed at the start of the day, I have decided to test the jconcepts bodyshell back to back.

 Photo of body shells 




First practice decided to go with standard bodyshell and white ballistic tyres, car felt kind of alright, it was a little loose on the rear.  

Second practice went with jc shell and Schumacher mini spikes, car wasundriveable, rear end spinning at every corner

On to round 1, not a good way to get the regional underway, popped a ball joint on steering cost me a over a minute.  Very disappointed overall, didnt have the time to tell if my setup on the car was anygood or not.

Round 2 saw a big improvement, car still doesn't feel 100%, maybe I'm expecting too much from electric racing who knows. For this round I went to cut mini spikes on the front with ballastic whites on the rear with the standard shell. 

Round 3 didn't start too good when I forgot to tighten a wheel nut to which i lost a wheel on practice. A quick trip back to the pits gave me just enough time to make the start.  On this round i went to 2wd mini spikes on the front and the jc shell. The xb4 was not at its best to put it nicely, it felt very loose at the rear, dont know whether this was the tyre change or bodyshell who knows, 4th round I will have to go back to what I know best.

Round 4, I made a few changes to the car, back came the standard shell, some aka red insert mini spikes to the front and rear and a change of the rear chamber arm length.  The car and I drove much better in the final round, but still not quite there yet a basis to start at next weekend at the Oople Off Road Series.


Final qualifying postions saw me line up 7th in the c final. Lee bunker lined up 8th in b and Colin Jackson 4th in the b final.

On to the finals then, this time I decided to take a punt on the rear tyres by going for green ballastic spikes which are normally used for wet conditions, it seemed to make my car safer to drive although it wasn't any faster.  I had an half decent final,just wish I could have pushed the car that little bit hard, after the first couple of mayhem laps I settled down into a decent pace finishing 2 places higher than starting and only 3 seconds off 2nd and a further 10 seconds to 1st place.

Colin and lee both had eventful finals in the b, Colin getting taken out whilst chasing down 1st place and lee running out of time whilst chasing down the pack.




Hopefully next week at the Oople series at RHR will provide a better result after today's experience.

I couldn't finish this instalment without posting a picture of The Dirt track at RHR, the only true 1/10th off road dirt track in the UK


No comments:

Post a Comment